Vitroplant Italia srl Società Agricola is an agricultural company specialises in nursery and “in vitro” multiplication, all nursery activities start with material that is micropropagated “in vitro”. Our company consists of three production areas: micropropagation laboratory that is the heart of all the nursery activity, greenhouses where the seedlings are set and nursery for the production of grafted or self-rooted nurseries from bare root nursery, nursery rootstocks with bare root and micro-grafts.
- Laboratory Area: is inclusive of laboratory for the preparation of tissue colture medium, a sterilization room with two autoclaves, laminar ow cabinet seats, colture jars rooms, transplant rooms, refrigerators for the conservation of germoplasm “in vitro” etc…The Vitroplant laboratory boasts 70 laminar ow cabinets seats and 9 growths rooms for an overall capacity of 150,000 colture jars, an annual production of 20,000,000 plants and even greater potential.
- Greenhouses Area: 24,000 m2 of greenhouses with automatic environment control, of which 11,000 m2 are completely monitored, 3.500 m2hardening shading houses.
Our greenhouses are closely woven net in high density polyethylene mono lament that provides a total protection against harmful insects (aphids, white y and bemicia tabaci) thanks to the highly reduced mesh size. In accordance with the provisions of Legi- slative Decree 214/2005.
- Orchard Area: approx 100 hectares of open elds in a protected zone.
- plants rooted ‘in vitro’;
- pplants set in alveolar containers;
- rootstocks from bare root seedlings;
- grafted plants or self-rooted by a bare root nursery;
- micro-planted plants.
Vitroplant also allows to multiply ‘in vitro’ also exclusively, varieties of the most diverse species, recover from viruses with thermotherapy ‘in vitro’, produce clonal material for experimental uses and cultivate ‘in vitro’ embryos for programs of genetic improvement.